Area Sales Manager
United States - Remote/Hybride
The right candidate will be a natural-born leader, a dynamic partner to their clients, and a driving force of business growth for IMPACK.
We are looking for a dynamic “Area Sales Manager” to join our ambitious team. Headquartered in Quebec, Canada, IMPACK is the world leader in carton packing equipment design. You will be managing the world’s largest market in the carton packaging industry – the USA.
Given the nature of the position, IMPACK is looking for a candidate that can fluently speak and write in English. Other languages are an asset.
As an Area Sales Manager, you will be responsible for all existing accounts within the above mentioned territory, and more importantly, you will be tasked with leading initiatives that drive new business for IMPACK. This includes creating and fostering relationships with our existing and potential clients as well as with our partners in the industry.
In essence, the area sales manager is the company’s ambassador that represents IMPACK’s culture and should be empathetic toward the pain points, fears, and concerns of the client.
To apply, please submit a short application video showcasing why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Let your unique personality shine through! Here is our video:
Weekly Duties for an Area Sales Manager
- Building and fostering strong relationships with our clients and potential clients through video conference meetings, calls, and on-site visits.
- Business trips throughout USA and Canada (occasionally other parts of the world - as needed) to visit production plants of clients and maintain strong relationships with our partners.
- Educate and consult clients through IMPACK’s assignment selling process.
- Execute project analyses to define the best solution for each client’s unique needs.
- Prepare project pricing and proposals.
- Manage and negotiate contracts with clients who range from small-sized businesses to the world's largest packaging producers. Project values from $50,000 CAD to over $2 Million CAD.
- Develop an industry-relevant network and promote IMPACK through social media.
- Present IMPACK’s machines to prospects, clients, and at industry events and expositions.
- Work closely with Marketing and use sales-enablement content in your sales process.
- You will receive coaching on trailblazing assignment selling techniques and customer interaction roleplays.
How Success Will be Measured
The Area Sales Manager’s performance will be evaluated based on the continuous improvement of clientele nurturing and generation of new clients through exceptional customer relationship management and improving clientele retention.
Specific measurements of this criteria include:
- Growth of customer database.
- Sales cycle acceleration.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (i.e. conversions, submissions, etc.)
- Continuous growth of annual revenue.
- Use of sales enablement content and contribution to Marketing efforts.
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, International Business or similar.
The Area Sales Manager’s role requires a combination of managerial skills and having a teaching-mindset. Leading with a customer-centric mentality at all times.
Specific skills required:
- Impeccable communication skills; English language fluency; Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in sales, ideally in the carton packaging industry.
- Ability to clearly articulate how proposed solutions meet client business objectives.
- The ability to think like a teacher, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how/when they want to consume information.
- Adaptable to many different cultures when traveling for business.
- A passion for adopting Marketing & Sales tools that can empower our sales process.
- Adept at using social media to engage customer conversations.
- Very familiar with daily working tools: Outlook, Excel, Word, etc. and ability to learn and adopt HubSpot (CRM and Marketing Automation Software).
- Project management skills.
- Familiarity with principles of contract terms and profitability calculations.
- Time management skills are necessary to work independently and manage a flexible schedule.
Sounds like you? Apply today via the form below
Don't forget to share your application video by providing the link.